Makowsky Friends

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Attention Reunion Travelers


OK Folks, please be advised: Our advance scouts have informed us that there might be a problem going over the mountain from New Paltz . So if you are planning to go to the Resort the 'WAY WE USED TO' over the mountain , be advised of possible detours.

With that in mind , we advise using the directions found on the Hudson Valley Resort web site.
http://hudsonvalleyresort.com/ OR see them BELOW

EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE TRIP

From the South:New York State Thruway (I-87) north to exit 18-New Paltz. Turn left on Rte. 299. Go 6 miles to the end & turn right on Rte. 44/55. Go 8.5 miles; turn right at the sign for HVR&S onto Lower Granite Rd. Go one mile to the stop sign and turn left. HVR&S is 1/2 mile ahead on the left.

From the North:New York State Thruway (I-87) South to exit 19-Kingston. Take Rte. 28 (Pine Hill) to Rte. 209 South (Ellenville). Go 18 miles & turn left on County Rte. 27 in Accord. Go. 0.2 miles, turn right onto Granite Rd. HVR&S is 2.3 miles ahead on the left.I-90 will bring you to the NYS Thruway (I-87). Then follow the directions above.

From the East:Rte. 17 West (future I-86) to Exit 113-Ellenville/Wurtsboro. Turn right onto Rte. 209 North. Continue 6 miles past Ellenville & turn right onto Rte. 44/55. Go 1.5 miles & turn left at the sign for HVR&S onto Lower Granite Rd. Go one mile to the stop sign and turn left. HVR&S is 1/2 mile ahead on the left.

From the West: Rte 17 (future I-86) East to exit 113-Ellenville/Wurtsboro. Turn left onto Rte. 209 North. Continue 6 miles past Ellenville & turn right onto Rte. 44/55. Go 1.5 miles & turn left at the sign for HVR&S onto Lower Granite Rd. Go one mile to the stop sign and turn left. HVR&S is 1/2 mile ahead on the left.

BY AIRLINEStewart International Airport is only 45 minutes away. Check with your carrier for scheduled flights.BY BUSShort Line Bus has scheduled service from Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC to Kerhonkson.SHORT LINE BUS:Tel: 800-631-8405
View Schedulewww.coachusa.com/shortline

BY RAILMetro North has scheduled service from Grand Central Terminal in NYC to nearby Poughkeepsie.METRO NORTH:Tel: 800-638-7646

4 Comments:

  • At 7/13/2006 6:16 PM , Blogger Bob Hutt said...

    THERE'S ONLY ONE THING LEFT AS WE ARE ABOUT TO COME HOME AGAIN TO THAT WONDERFUL PLACE CALLED MAKOWSKY'S.

    A PLACE THAT MANY OF US THOUGHT WE WOULD NEVER AGAIN SEE IN OUR LIFETIME'S?

    A PLACE WHERE WE BONDED TOGETHER AND LEARNED THE MEANING OF FRIENDSHIP.

    A PLACE WHERE WE LEARNED MANY OF LIFE'S HARD LESSONS THAT HAVE TAKEN US TO WHERE WE ARE TODAY.

    AND A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU TO ROB, LARRY, MITCH, JUDY & STEVE FOR SHOWING US, THAT YES VIRGINIA, WE CAN GO HOME AGAIN.

    NOW ALL ALTOGETHER SING...


    All my bags are packed
    I'm ready to go
    I'm standin here outside your door
    I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

    But the dawn is breakin
    It's early morn
    The taxi's waitin
    He's blowin his horn
    Already I'm so lonesome
    I could die

    So kiss me and smile for me
    Tell me that you'll wait for me
    Hold me like you'll never let me go
    cause Im leavin on a jet plane

    Don't know when I'll be back again
    Oh babe, I hate to go

    Theres so many times I've let you down
    So many times I've played around
    I tell you now, they don't mean a thing

    Every place I go, I'll think of you
    Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
    When I come back, I'll bring your Makowsky'S ring

    So kiss me and smile for me
    Tell me that you'll wait for me
    Hold me like you'll never let me go
    cause I'm leavin on a jet plane
    Don't know when I'll be back again
    Oh babe, I hate to go

    Now the time has come to leave you
    One more time
    Let me kiss you
    Then close your eyes
    I'll be on my way
    Dream about the days to come
    When I won't have to leave alone
    About the times, I won't have to say

    Oh, kiss me and smile for me
    Tell me that you'll wait for me
    Hold me like you'll never let me go
    cause I'm leavin on a jet plane
    Dont know when I'll be back again
    Oh babe, I hate to go

    But, I'm leavin on a jet plane
    Don't know when I'll be back again
    Oh babe, I hate to go

    Words and music by the late immortal great John Denver

     
  • At 7/17/2006 2:16 PM , Blogger augie said...

    What a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 7/17/2006 6:42 PM , Blogger alison said...

    I now have many wonderful new memories to add to the old ones! What a fantastic weekend!

     
  • At 7/17/2006 10:12 PM , Blogger Bob Hutt said...

    And Alison I don't think you will ever forget me, now will you? I'm sorry I put you on, but you were too beautiful to tell you I wasn't who you thought I was. You would have fit right in with our Class of '62.

    I too enjoyed meeting you and now consider you among my Makowsky friends.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home